Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fourteeners

It's getting close to the time of year that I make an annual backpacking trip with my co-worker from the bay.  Two years ago we backpacked to Papoose Lake, one of the most grueling physical experiences I have ever experienced!  Then last year we had a mellow trip to Big Duck Lake.  This year we started texting to make plans and he asked about Shasta.  I thought that might be a little intense for this annual trip, but then he mentioned that he felt like we need to summit something and I agreed.

Then he took it further.  He mentioned that we should summit all the Fourteeners in California.  One 14,000 foot altitude mountain a year for 12 years.  Now that sounds like a man adventure!  I want to do it now.  If we can do it, I'll be 41 when we summit the last peak.  It is good to have some life goals and I am excited about this one.  So here's to California's Fourteeners!

                                                             Mount Shasta - 14,179' 
                                                             Prominence - 9,832'

-dg

No comments:

Post a Comment